Sustainable Style for the Environmentally-Conscious Consumer

Eco-Friendly Wood Tree Branch Buttons and Needle Cases • Nature-Inspired Gifts • Earth-Friendly Jewelry • Green Wedding Ware • and More

Friday, October 29, 2010

How to Properly Care for Your Handmade Tree Branch Buttons

If you have purchased handmade tree branch buttons from A Remark You Made, just consider a few simple tips to ensure your buttons will last a long time.

Washing An Item Embellished with Tree Branch Buttons

Washing is best done by hand using a mild detergent in cold water. Do not leave buttons submerged in standing water for an extended period of time.



Drying An Item Embellished with Tree Branch Buttons

Line drying is preferred, or lay the article flat. I do not recommend a dryer. However, if it is necessary, use a no heat setting.  


Tips

Do not place buttons in direct sunlight or expose to high temperatures for an extended amount of time. Buttons are best stored in a cool, dry place.





Ideas

Want your buttons to remain in great shape? Try this! Instead of sewing the button directly to the article of clothing, sew a strand of hemp twine or yarn to the garment where you want to place the buttons. Slide each end of the twine or yarn through the button holes and tie a bow. A fun look and practical way to preserve your tree branch buttons for a lifetime!

Photo credit: Pillow made by White Oak Room
http://www.whiteoakroom.etsy.com/

2 comments:

  1. What great tips! PS Loved the breadboards you featured a week or so ago - and I now have one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the tips regarding the care of tree branch buttons! That is terrific.

    I am also glad to read that you enjoyed the "Gather Around the Harvest Table" post, and even made a purchase from one of the sellers I featured. I also own one of the cutting boards. I love mine. Did you purchase the one I featured? I really had trouble choosing just one. I want them all :)

    Thank you again for visiting. I hope you come back again!

    ReplyDelete